Monday, December 19, 2005

my coat!


You may remember from a previous post that I lost my coat, or rather, someone at the gym stole my coat. Well, today I found it! I went to the women's locker room and, as usual, checked the coat room. There it was. It had two black gloves shoved in the pockets. I had left navy blue gloves. It was not locked onto the hanger, so I took it up to the front desk and reported that I'd found it.

I am annoyed that I feel a nudge of guilt about taking back my coat today. It's -4 degrees F. And get this. I called J about it and after I told him I almost considered leaving a little note stuck to the hanger for my coat thief, he said this: "You're weird. It was probably just a mistake."

Uh-huh. And that's why she left those black gloves jammed in the pockets. She felt really bad that she'd made the mistake and she left the gloves as a peace offering. I left the gloves at the front desk. J is so funny about never wanting to think ill of people, even when confronted with evidence to the contrary. I suppose that's something I love about him.

I just bought a replacement coat Saturday, of course. Luckily I still have the receipt. (I don't always keep those like I should.)

As you can see from the picture this is not a stylish coat but it's very warm. I'm so glad to have it back!

5 comments:

AVE said...

I'm conserned that the "Coat Thief" is going to plot a revenge against you or something. She/he/it may be a psychopath. The Thief has a lot of nerve to wear a stolen coat back to the scene of the crime. Maybe you should have left it in the coat room and sprayed it with some foul smelling odor that won't wash out. Buy a new one with Gore-Tex.

Calandria said...

I know! It's all too weird. Mum seemed to think, like J, that maybe someone made a mistake in taking the coat. How could someone be that clueless? (not Mum, I mean--the person who took the coat)

Athena said...

Maybe you should have said nothing to J, then you could have kept the new coat--actually, do you get to keep your new coat?



Ok ok, that was bad. Don't tell J I said this, LOL.

Athena said...

ok, now tell me the story behind the new photo for your profile.

Calandria said...

You know, J actually assumed I was keeping the new coat! I would if it were one I really liked, but it is just a utilitarian thing to wear shoveling snow or playing with the kids. It's not cute, so it's going back! lol

My new profile pic is another one of Audrey. I think I'll try to change it every week or so.