Monday, January 09, 2006

smater den de man in every way

That's right! De woman is...smar-ter. I'm sorry, but it's got to be said. A woman would not become a thuggish dictator, and there are not many who would support one.

I am so sad that I read this. One of my favorite Christmas songs (and Christmas music is my favorite kind) is "The Gifts They Gave." Now when I hear it I'll have to think to myself, "This guy is an idiot." Maybe I can convince myself to think instead, "Poor, misguided fool."

7 comments:

ave said...

Bush dosen't exactly give me the warm fuzzies, but man am I sick of Hollywood and company ripping on him. It's a total bandwagon thing.

Calandria said...

I agree. But what is so utterly incomprehensible to me is supporting Hugo Chavez!

Athena said...

At least they're not being deceived--that they KNOW that they're supporting a thug.

With Bush, it will end up being that he will either be a hero or a bastard. I think he has deceived more folks than what Chavez will ever achieve.

Calandria said...

Hmm. I think Hugo Chavez does not have to deceive them because they have do a pretty good job already of deceiving themselves... As to Bush, I haven't decided on him. Truthfully, sometimes I admire him. Sometimes I think he's deranged. It's very hard to get past all that everyone else reads in to him.

Athena said...

I haven't read what others think of him, but I think he's had his eye on spreading capitalism, rather than democracy. That includes being where he shouldn't be.

But hmm, how did we get onto this topic, LOL.

Calandria said...

Yes, that's probably true about the capitalism. If he were strictly going after terrorists, for example, why didn't he head for Syria?

mainegirl said...

Have you seen the new oil deal with the tribes in Maine? Washington County received a LOT of Venezuelan oil. I am divided on this issues. I am really glad we have the oil and it is interesting to see the international exchange between tribes.