Saturday, March 31, 2007

sopa de tortillas



I've been having one lousy time trying to upload photos to blogger, and I've had no success at all with my flikr account.

This is sopa de tortillas, one of J's ultimate favorites. This one was particularly good--we had it for dinner in Monterrey. We also ate the best flautas ever with a delicious cilantro sauce. I didn't take a picture because, contrary to what you might think, I don't take photos of all my food. Today we had gorditas, but I forgot my camera. I did want to get some photos of Lidia and her gorditas. All the more reason to go back for more!

3 comments:

ave said...

So how complicated are most Mexican dishes for the average cook? Can you find most of the ingredients in US supermarkets? I am so sick of all the regular food that I make all the time. Every week we have the same old thing, it's a complete bore. Cute picture of YOU by the way.

Auntie Lee said...

Ya, like what is the recipe? I can pretty much buy any ingredient now that I'm in Amsterdam every day.

Calandria said...

I wish I knew a good recipe for sopa de tortillas! I've made it before with chicken stock, diced tomatoes, queso seco (crumbly cheese), and fried tortilla strips. The dark things in the photo are some type of dried chile. And the green is avocado. It was so good!