Friday, June 22, 2007

freckles

And proud of 'em.

For some reason Athena won't show her freckles, though I think they are really beautiful on her. (Thought I'd pick on her a little more now that we've clobbered her about the two miles thing.)

As you can see, I even have freckles in my eyes. Or are they called 'flecks?'

A few days ago Marcus was reading aloud for me, and freckles were mentioned in his book. I asked him if he knew what they were. "Yeah," he said, and then pointed to my lower leg near my ankle. "They're those prickly things on your leg." What? I started laughing. It seems that he was confusing "stubble" with "freckles." And then he says, "You know, it's good that you have those because it protects you."

So not only do I have freckles, I also have leg stubble that "protects me." From what, I wonder? I'll have to ask Marcus.

5 comments:

sippinghotchocolate said...

aw your freckles look cute. but this still won't make me post a pic showing mine! ;) you've got pretty eyes too. i want to photograph you, you know.

Karen ~ said...

LOL - let me know when you find out what stubble protects us from, as I usually have enough to grant me protection for life! And I have freckles, too - but more on my arms and legs than my face. My dad has so many that he actually looks tan where they have all run together. I love 'em!

ave said...

I guess I am the only one in the family without freckles on my face. I think they (freckles) make people look youthful and innocent. I too would like to see a picture of Athena that shows her freckles.

Mallory said...

That is awesome! There's a famous Conner story about Dad waking to find a very inquisitive Jakey-Beanie-Boy taking close observation of his face from atop Dad's belly. "What're ya doin', Buddy?" "Dad, you have poinks on yo face and boggers yo nose." Ahhh, a good wakeup call!

I used to not like my freckles, but now I like them, for the most part.

MommyKnows said...

hahaha ... my kids used to call my freckles pimples! Lucky me ;)