Wednesday, June 06, 2007

'nough

Is there something wrong with me if I'm fantasizing about folding my laundry and cleaning my bathroom? Because this evening I did. I used up more than a quarter tank of gas today on my rounds. Not that that's unusual. I fill my tank about twice per week. I don't even want to admit how much I spend on gas per month. Tonight Georgie, Marcus, and Lidia all had to be in different places at the same time. Yes, I'm doing my part to warm the planet.

I SO look forward to school being out. This merry-go-round of end-of-year this and that is wearing extra thin right now. So much so that having all four of my creatively messy, joyfully exuberant (read: loud) children at home for the summer is looking like an oasis of tranquility.

3 comments:

athena said...

haha. great little post. :) now you can see why i love staying home cleaning my house. i prefer this over being in three different places at the same time. take care.

Auntie Lee said...

Wow! using that much gas here and you would go broke. I think its about $5- a gallon here now. I use the train and trams if I go into the city but try to use a bicycle here in town. My Leland mini only has a 10 gallon tank. I fill it once every two months.

Mallory said...

My mum always said she enjoyed having us home for the summer. I mean, sure, we're a handful, but just look at how long she homeschooled us!