Monday, June 04, 2007

sir ian


The Royal Shakespeare Company, with Sir Ian McKellen, is performing King Lear and The Seagull in three U.S. cities this year: New York, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis.

Yes, they're coming to the Guthrie. Tickets went on sale at 10:00 this morning to season-ticket holders. There are over 25,000 subscribers to the Guthrie. Tickets are only be sold in person or by telephone. I considered getting a sitter for Bernie and going down to wait in line at the box office this morning. But it didn't work out, so J and I had five lines going between us at 10 am. I started to get discourged after 1/2 an hr. How long can I keep this up, I wondered? And then I thought of Sir Ian and I thought, it's worth it. Anything is worth it. Then I get the skype from J: "i'm on hold." Oh, sweet heaven!

We have second row!

6 comments:

Montserrat said...

You are so LUCKY! I expect to hear all about it and maybe see some pictures if cameras are allowed.

Mallory said...

SECOND ROW! You're kidding me! That's great! Oh, how I would love to go to something like that, and with Ian McKellen, too! That's fantastic! I hope you guys enjoy! Tell me all about it!

Mark and Carla said...

Oh I am sooooooooooo jealous! I saw that in the Strib and would give anything to take Cameron and see it. What a great intro. to Shakespeare, to have "Gandalf/Magneto" on stage holding their attention!

We saw Sir Ian years ago at the Guthrie in Richard III. It was done in WW2 era and was absolutely mesmerizing. I loved every minute.

Enjoy--and I do expect a full review!

ML said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! The Royal Shakespeare Company hardly ever comes here....

mom said...

I, too, am envious but so happy that you will enjoy it. I hope there is theater in the next life.

athena said...

i thought i had sent a post yesterday. i must not had pushed the button or maybe the password was incorrect. anyway, what i had to say that was so important, was: YOU'RE SO LUCKY! haha.

sounds like a great theater you have there too.