Thursday, July 19, 2007

in less than a week


J and I are leaving for Europe next Wednesday. The opportunity came up rather suddenly. J has meetings in London, Dublin, Lisbon, and Madrid. I've been pouring over these travel books and the internet trying to figure out what I most want to see. We'll be gone fifteen days, but we don't have much time at all in any of these places. The more I read about Portugal, the more I wish we were staying there longer. Still, it looks like I'll finally get to see Barcelona and Basque Country, too! I really want to see some of Andalusia, especially La Alhambra in Granada, but looks like that will have to wait for another trip. Our stay in London is very brief. In Ireland, we will be in Dublin for a day and a half or so, and then two and a half days in western Ireland.
J's parents are coming to watch the kids.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like FUN! Bon voyage!!

Montserrat said...

Lucky You!! Enjoy your trip!

Mallory said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!

k. said...

I am so jealous!!

My family is planning a trip to Ireland next May. I can't wait. Spain and Portugal are on my list too.

So much of the world still to see!