Sunday, July 22, 2007

smarties



I didn't get to do SMART Habits yesterday. It was an extra busy Saturday.

But here's how I'm doing:

Habit 1: Clean speech--habit.

Habit 2: Violin practice--still need a little time off.

Habit 3: Daily writing--This went really well through Wednesday. One day I wrote 1500 words! It's starting to come more naturally. It's exciting and fun. I love it! It's been so helpful to find a healthy outlet for my intensity and imagination. Those of you who know me well probably have an idea of what I'm talking about. I tend to obsess, sometimes not in healthy ways. For example, I often decide I need to move. (Remember the Barcelona thing?) Not because I need to or should. I'm just bored and I need something to think about. Or sometimes I become over-involved in my children's lives when what I really need to do is support them in what they love and then let them be. Or sometimes I decide, for example, that I'm going to go insane if I don't replace my carpets. Now that I'm writing, I find that I don't give a fig about my carpets. Sure they don't look great, but who cares? There are much more interesting things going on in my other world.

On Thursday I started to have too much to do to get ready for the trip to work on the book. I've spent hours trying to book b&bs in Ireland and Spain. The good news is I only have 2 nights left to book. I may not get back to writing actual chapters until we're home, but since the setting of my book is based partly on northern Spain, this is all research. ;-)

I can think of a few more habits I should add, but not before the trip. When I get back I will start again with SMART Habits.

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Have a great time with your "research"!

athena said...

oh yes, i remember the barcelona thing! that was such a fun read--i saw snippets of greatness in that post! have a fun time (but shame on you to wait until i wasn't there! ;) )

Rebecca said...

Sorry I missed this last weekend. Lara's computer's down so not as many people participated this week. Hope you had a great week and are enjoying your trip! Great job on your clean speech & writing habit!