Saturday, September 29, 2007

smarteriffic


The habit I added last week was hugging my children every day and telling them I love them. I think I got all four kiddos every day! It was nice having an "excuse" to hug those older two. And I didn't even have to chase them around the house. ;-) They were very receptive!
Habit 4: Make dinner. I did it. But I don't get excited about it. I'm going through a cooking slump. Does that ever happen to you?
Habit 3: Daily writing. Did great this week. I've started a new story based in Maine and I've been working on it since Wednesday. It's going well. I've also done a lot of research on Muslim Spain, the setting for my historical fiction novel. I found a specific time I'd like the novel to take place and I have all kinds of ideas. But here's my problem: I need information on daily life and customs of medieval Spaniards. I found some good stuff about the Jews of medieval Spain, like what their houses were like, what they ate, etc. But nothing so far about the Christians and Arabs.
Habit 2: Violin practice. I have not practiced the past three days. The weather has been gorgeous! We've been outside.
Habit 1: Clean speech. Good.

9 comments:

DTV said...

Keep rockin' it! I could try hugging Lincoln every day and telling him I love him...I don't think the other roommates would be in on it though. I don't know if I could even do it once.

Robin said...

Great habits. Hugs are great.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Hugging the kids, I think I will need to steal this habit at some point!

Cooking slumps? I get those, too.

I am curious to see how your writing habit is coming along. It sounds interesting.

As far as habit #2 goes, I think it is great you are taking advantage of the good weather :) !!

Karen ~ said...

Love the Halloween-ish new colors!

You are making me feel guilty ... better go do a SMART habits update on my own blog ...

The Lazy Organizer said...

Your writing project sounds amazing and your hugging habit is a great one. Reading about everyone's habits is hard because I want to incorporate all of them!

katef said...

oh yeah I know what you mean about cooking slumps!

ave said...

Whenever I am in a cooking slump I order lots of pizza, and make tons of pasta. Then I read through old Cooking Light magazines for inspiration. I recently ate black beans and rice from a local vegetarian cafe, and they served pickled red onions on the side, they were so delicious just like yours. Could you give me the recipe again?

GuGarden said...

I get in a cooking slump more regularly than my family would like. I claim hormones as the culprit and try to cook extras for the freezer when I'm in the mood.

jenn said...

still really impressed with your habit of hugging the kids each day and glad to hear you were able to do it every day this last week. how sweet that they responded instead of running away. have a great week...and check out the kraft or pillsbury sites for dinner ideas, they always help pull me out of a slump.