Saturday, September 15, 2007

smarts


I was just reading Montse's blog which reminded me I need to get back to my SMART habits. I dropped them a little before we went to Europe and now it's time to get back in the swing.
My former habits were:
1. clean speech. I'm proud of myself on this one. I'm not perfect at it yet, but when I do swear I really notice and it even seems odd.
2. violin practice. Going great guns this week. I've nearly whipped Gavotte from Mignon into submission.
3. daily writing. Not so good. I need to get back to this some how because it is really important to me. I've been blogging pretty frequently, but what I really want to do is keep working on my novel. Even though it's in a bad place.
I'm adding two new habits this week. One is get school done with Lidia by 11:35 am. As most of you know, one of my children is doing homeschool (virtual academy, actually, K12 like Montse's girls) this year. She is doing wonderfully well, but needs my occasional reminder to stay on track if she is to finish by the time Bernie gets off the kindergarten bus.
Second habit I'm adding, make dinner. I know. So exciting. I am sometimes very lazy about getting dinner made and we end up eating out. This was something I did really well at the beginning of this year because it was a New Year's resolution, but I've gone back to my old money-wasting ways.
I was going to add my yoga/pilates/weight-lifting routine as a habit this week because I haven't done if for a long time. I have been walking/running almost every day. But I'm not adding that habit because you can only do so much! Sometimes you have to make tough choices. I think I have to choose between firm buns and writing my novel. Which do I really want? (Picture firm buns on one side of the scale and a finished manuscript on the other. Which would you choose?)

3 comments:

athena said...

LOL, you have got to read susan wise bauer's blog, if you don't already. she writes a lot about her writing, publishing and writing in general. i agree with her how writing it all about delayed gratification.

and i'm with you on the dinner one. i get so lazy i end up making two minute mash potatoes and fried eggs. awful awful stuff.

The Lazy Organizer said...

That's a tough one! I might have to pick the manuscript since it's something that will live on after I'm gone. Tight buns won't!

ProMom said...

Buns.