Saturday, September 15, 2007

well done


We advanced mightily on the massive landscaping project today. We're not such wimpy good-for-nothing non-gardeners as I thought! I'm no Amity, but I quite enjoyed it. The gorgeous 60 degrees was perfect for outdoor work. Last night we went to Bachman's and picked out some plants. Three honeysuckle butterfly bush and three mint julep junipers. We thought that's all we could handle in one day. We had those planted by 11 am with the help of some kind friends so we were off to Bachman's again. We got two more honeysuckle and three hydrangea (one peegee, two limelight.) We also bought a peegee hydrangea tree and Hetz columner juniper for delivery as delivery is free this week, yeah! When we got back it was time for J to take Marcus to soccer, so they took off and I stayed behind to plant. I had those five bushes planted in an hour and a half. And there were a lot of roots to dig out and rocks, too. I have rewarded myself with a well-earned and much-needed shower.
Once we have the hydrangea tree, juniper, and spruce tree in I'll have to put up the before and after photos.

4 comments:

amity said...

Haha. You sure could pass for me in this pic. This is exactly the type of picture I would take. Looks awesome! Job well done!

Montserrat said...

I love hydrangeas! Your yard will be the best looking on the block when they really get to growing and blooming.

Calandria said...

Yes, I thought of you all day Amity! And when I went to take this photo I thought to myself how very Amity it was. And if I had taken it in the evening so I had super long legs it would have been Athena style.

athena said...

yup, i like that pic!! i especially like that included your shadow in the shot.