Thursday, October 04, 2007

under the oak


This is a little play area we discovered today at the Minnesota Arboretum near the Learning Center. It's called "Under the Oak" and demostrates how to encourage children to be outside by making these fun little creative centers for them. There were several different fort styles, a stump table with chairs, and elfin play area with little elf furniture and a tiny house perched up high reached by tiny ladders. I loved the puppet theater! Everything is made of branches and logs and burlap. I want to go back to take more detained photos. I think we could even manage making some of these things.

6 comments:

ML said...

It makes me think of Mr. Flander's "Enchanted Forest" back home.

Montserrat said...

What delightful ideas to get the mind imagining! I would have loved to play in something like that as a child...I'd like to do it now!

athena said...

knowing my kids they'll probably want to do some designing of their own. looks like a fun place though. and pretty.

Mama Ava said...

That's it. I'm holding you responsible for the theft of my camera. It's because of these great pics--and all the others you take of your kids--that I decided to make a commitment to carrying my camera around to capture those more spontaneous moments. And for 24 hours I did--until my purse was swiped. Didn't even get a chance at a spontaneous pic. Rats.

Guess I'll just live vicariously through yours now.

Calandria said...

Mama Ava, I almost feel guilty! Really, that's terrible about your camera.

Karen ~ said...

LOL - don't let her get to you, Calandria!

We haven't been to the Arboretum all season - need to get there before they change the exhibits! I love going in the fall with all the leaves and that crisp smell in the air ... maybe next week ...