Monday, January 21, 2008

northhanger abbey



Did anyone see "Northhanger Abbey" last night?


I loved it! So much in fact that I'm going to watch it again on Tuesday. I don't know if it's just been a long time since I read the book so I don't remember all that happens. Or maybe I'm comparing it to the 1987 version which was not completely awful, but did have terrible music, like Andrew Lloyd Webber parody or something.


The actors in this version were very good. Felicity Jones was cute as Catherine Morland, who fancies herself a gothic romance heroine. The actors who played Captain Tilney and Isabella Thorpe were perfect. My favorite was Henry Tilney as played by JJ Field. It's been ages since I read the book, but I don't remember liking Henry especially. I really liked him in the movie.


I loved how they did Catherine's fantasy scenes. So funny.

2 comments:

ladyofmaine said...

Saw it, enjoyed it. Much better than last week's "Persuasion".

Karen ~ said...

Ooh! Thanks for the reminder that it shows again tomorrow. Sunday nights have been hard for me to find time to sit and watch.

Glad to hear it was so good, I'll let you know what I think after tomorrow!