Wednesday, February 13, 2008

february

Possibly my least favorite month.

Here's Lidia making her delicious tomato basil sauce. Lidia is becoming such an able and independent young lady. She seems much older than ten in many ways.

Same with Georgie. She is wise beyond her almost-thirteen years. The other day I was reflecting that the math Lidia is doing now I didn't do until 7th grade and the math Georgie is doing I did in high school. And I was in the high math group. But I guess I wasn't thinking so much of academics when I said they are beyond their years. They seems much more capable and mature than I was as a child. I can see that I was capable in practical ways. I could feed calves and horses. But emotionally and socially I was far behind where I see my girls.
_________
This morning I sent a registration in to school for an after-school science program for Marcus to participate in. He was very excited about it. I just got a message that the class is full and I started crying. What's wrong with me? Why am I so upset about something so trivial? I have some other annoying little difficulties right now that I don't want to go into publicly, so possibly this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm going to spend a good part of the afternoon cleaning and throwing things out because it makes me feel better when I'm in this sort of mood. "No maudlin self-pite here," as I mercilessly purge my home of junk and scrub it down.

2 comments:

Karen ~ said...

I hear a mom who is mourning her babies at the same time she is lauding their abilities! And yes, I do think that the science activity registration rejection was probably just one tiny straw ... but it was the final one to make the load break. Happens to me all the time.

Hugs to you - this, too, shall pass.

Calandria said...

thanks, Karen. :-)