Friday, May 02, 2008

of the blog

It is so entertaining to see on my stats what Google searches are leading people to my blog.

Here are the latest:

spaghetti on stick
living in saudi
stories of poor saudi people blog
ballet folklorico dresses
kiki strike
casa bramasole
latin american dance classes in riyadh

Another that turns up all the time is "o dhia gach aon cabhair meaning."

I was getting major traffic from the "deuce wall street journal" search so I removed that post.

As you might have noticed, I changed the look of my blog again. It's lots of fun and I'll probably do it again soon. Check out Cocoa's posts from Chocolate on My Cranium about how to fool around with html. I already knew how to do a lot of these because Cocoa had directed me a few months ago to another site that explained some blog customization. But Cocoa's tutorials are much easier to follow. I'm especially happy with my new font. Which it actually almost identical to Cocoa's. What can I say? Great minds think alike.

Here are Cocoa's posts:
Customizing Your Blog--Part 1
Customizing Your Blog--Part 2 html code
Customizing Your Blog--Part 3 fonts
Customizing Your Blog--Part 4 creating a new header

6 comments:

Cocoa said...

I love that photo in your header. I've got another post in the works on fixing margins. I have a LOT of questions about that one.

Karen ~ said...

I know I have asked you this before, but how do you check stats to know how people are finding you?

Ms. Beane said...

I love the new blog look!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the links. I've been wondering how I can change things up a bit on my blog.

Calandria said...

Karen, if you don't yet have a stat counter on your blog, go to StatCounter.com and get a free account. You can attach this to your blog as one of the page elements of your sidebar. From your StatCounter account page, click on "visitor activity" and you can see what searches lead to your blog.

Ballerina Girl said...

Hi! found you on Living la vida loca's site...
thanks for the info! I am new to blogging and need all the help I can get!
Come visit mine sometime :)
BG