Wednesday, May 28, 2008

this boy


Turns out he doesn't need glasses. The vision in his injured eye today was better than mine and the nurse's who tested him. So there! He was somewhat disappointed. (But his mom thanks you all for your prayers.)
Sunday night he got hit in the face with a spade. I'm not clear on how it happened, but he was bent over the spade, Bernie stomped on it... Anyway, I heard screams and I ran outside to find Marcus clutching his eyes and howling. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. I pulled his hands away and there was a scrape between his eyebrows. A little blood, but not too much. It was a really hard hit though--within minutes a huge goose egg appeared. The swelling was down by yesterday morning. I think I'm going to let him keep his hair long all summer to shield it from the sun so it won't scar.
Seriously, if I can keep this boy in one piece until he reaches adulthood it will be an incredible triumph.

7 comments:

Auntie Lee said...

Hit in the face with a spade? Good Grief!

It's like some kind of b-movie.

Mama Ava said...

Seriously, you need to get used to boy stuff. I'm learning that little girls have all their own unique challenges, but boys just end up in stuff like this ALL. THE. TIME.

Ava had a terrible cut on her ring finger (of her left hand) when she was little(r) and I found a scar cream I used a couple times a day. Just something over the counter, but I think it helped minimize the scar.

Ballerina Girl said...

It's been one of those weeks...
check out my blog too!
BG

ML said...

Is it in the shape of a lightning bolt? Maybe you should leave it...

Cocoa said...

Haha! Love ML's comment.

So glad his vision was not affected in any way.

Gabriela said...

:). Glad he's ok.

Juan Carlos has gone to school with a new injury each day lately. I'm sure they are wondering about us!

Mallory said...

So, it comes down to girl-hair or a burly MAN SCAR? C'mon, is it really that difficult a decision?