Sunday, June 15, 2008

he's back




J made it back from the Boundary Waters in one piece. They had some canoeing adventures in high winds, but it seems they enjoyed themselves overall. Looks a lot like Maine, right?
In response to some comments:

The answer to "Who's awesome?" is, of course, "the Celtics, baby!" Game four was sweet, though I definitely could have stood for a few more close ups after the game of disappointed Lakers fans. Is that wrong? It's just that the movie stars all looked so smug at half time. Gabriela, I forgive your husband for being a Lakers lover, because he's from California, right? So it's an illness he probably contracted in childhood.

Ave, I would love to post some before and after pics of my new floors. Oh, how I would love that, because it would mean they'd be finished already! Sadly, they haven't even been started. The wood floors go in the week of June 23 and the carpets the following week. So maybe we'll have some photos up around July 4th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beard is back!!! I'm glad that he had a good time, but it probably would have been more fun for him if he had you in his tent at night instead of smelly men.
ave

Calandria said...

I probably wouldn't have smelled so sweet myself after a few days. But it's possible he still would have preferred me. :-D

dtv said...

I've spent a night in a tent with both of you, and I sure didn't find it thrilling. Maybe I'm just ticked cause everyone in the family grows better beards then me.

Calandria said...

Are you saying I grow a better beard? Maybe I should check out waxing...

Auntie Lee said...

Your from Maine. You already have hair on your chest so you don't need to grow a beard. Hurry for the BMWs.