Friday, July 18, 2008

confession

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was looking at my Yahoo health news lines. One claimed, "Increased risk of Alzheimer's for children who learn to read at age 4." My heart sank and I thought to myself, "Darn! Poor Lidia and Marcus."

Guess what I did yesterday. I googled "increased Alzheimer's risk read age 4." The thing is, the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if it was a dream or reality. Does this happen to anyone else? Or is this indicative of mental illness?

It seems to me that I should be know when I'm awake and when I'm sleeping. Right?

When my parents were visiting in May I woke up one morning and started laughing about a dream I'd had. I dreamt that my mom had, when they arrived at my house, handed me a large ziploc bag of parmesan cheese. I got out of bed, still smiling to myself and shaking my head. I went downstairs and opened the door to the fridge. There was the large ziploc bag of parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

Karen ~ said...

Phew, Ben and Ty were both 5 when they learned to read.

Just in case.

I love my dreams, they are very entertaining, but I rerally don't want them to start coming true.

Freaky about the cheese, though!

Auntie Lee said...

I get irritated at the dreams where you are angry with someone in the dream (usually the husband) and you wake up knowing it's a dream but your still angry with him.

Last night I dreamed I could fly. I like those dreams! I was instantly in a good mood this morning.

dtv said...

Once again, that is awesome. It reminds me of the 2 huge ziploc bags of basil(I think)mum gave me.

Twinlinebackers said...

I can't promise it's not indicative of being wacko but I do it all the time. I had a dream a few nights ago that I was supposed to be two places at once and I felt horrible the WHOLE next day because I let down so many people. I remember as a kid my dad going out of town for business (which he did a LOT) but two weeks after he got home I had a dream my mom said dad was hurt no one asked about his trip. I finally had to ask my mom if dad was really hurt or not. He wasn't.

Ave said...

that was bay leaf bro.
ave