Saturday, July 05, 2008

fourth

Latina whippersnappers

We were invited to five Fourth of July parties this weekend, including our own ward breakfast/flag raising/race/bike parade. This is largely because we've served in many wards in this area because of moves or assignments. (Yesterday one kid asked Georgie her name and after she told him he replied, "Ah, yes. I've heard of your family. You have served in many wards." It cracked us up.) These are all Mormon parties. Mormons tend to be patriotic. We're skipping one of the parties tonight because we're a little hung over. I suppose I should say "partied out." Five out of six of us in this family are Latin, but that doesn't mean we want to party around the clock every night. Marcus woke up with a stiff neck and Bernie a swollen ankle.
J's parents are visiting, so I guess I should say that seven out of eight of us are Latin.
Here are more photos from yesterday. A few are from our ward breakfast and the rest were taken at the end of a point on Prior Lake--the ultimate Fourth of July spot.

4 comments:

Karen ~ said...

Love the photos! My favorite was the three girls on bikes ... except for the middle one! I didn't even notice at first that she had no bike.

Looks like you had a great holiday.

dtv said...

Those pictures are awesome! I'm glad you had a beautiful 4th too. I don't know if you remember Little Snow Fairy Sugar, but I'd lent the DVD's to a friend a few months ago and he gave them back yesterday. I remember Bernie watching them in my room a couple summers ago. It filled me with warm fuzzies.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm glad you had fun, we feel wiped out too. Bernie looks so much like you now. She is so cute!
ave

Ballerina Girl said...

Looks like you had a great Fourth!
Parties always surround us too.. we have 3 birthdays in 4 days, starting on the Fourth and ending on the 8th!
BG