Saturday, July 26, 2008

kidless week in review

Karen was curious about my kidless week. It got off to such a slam-bang of a start, she probably had high expectations.

Here's what I did:

lots of shopping
hung out at a friend's house and chatted
had lunch with another friend
walked 2xs around Lake Harriet with yet another friend
ate quiet, leisurely lunches
went to the library twice (Oh, beloved library!)
bought new tires for the suv
wasted an entire afternoon trying to get the suv's alignment done and oil changed (long, boring story)

Here's what I didn't do:

talk with my mom (I haven't had a chance to call you back, Mom. I've barely been home!)
pack for our trip to Maine
clean the house
catch up on emails

We're leaving in two days so you can imagine what I'll be doing today. That's right--we're catching the Star Wars exhibit at the Science Museum. Packing will have to take care of itself, I guess.

I was thinking that I probably shouldn't advertise on the internet that we'll be gone for a couple weeks. It's like, "Hey, theives! Come rob my house!" But then I thought, what would they steal? My 10-year old tv set? My "stereo" (a 20-dollar CD player)? My books? I suppose it would really suck if they took my computer, but that would be it.

2 comments:

Karen ~ said...

I loved what you did. I was worried it would be full of things like cleaned closets and pulled weeds. MUCH better to treat your soul to all that time with friends!

My Full Hands said...

Sounds like a great relaxing (ecxept for the suv afternoon) week!