Friday, July 11, 2008

[not] without my computer

I didn't have access to my computer from Sunday through Thursday. It's a long story, too long for this brief post. I will say this: J managed to not kill himself yesterday replacing the main breaker in our fuse box. That's going into my gratitude journal.

I did realize over the past few days how deeply I rely on the internet. I went to the library twice to answer email and look up things. Forget about my washer and dryer, oven, refrigerator, etc. I felt the most desperate about not having my computer. It's a sad commentary on modern life, I suppose. At least, my modern life.

Going through email, I realized I've been bad lately about replying to questions in the comments on my blog posts. Sorry! I'll try to do better. Ave, J had about the same reaction I did to the Constance Wilde play. Michelle, it took me about six months to start seeing that little Sunday morning episode as humorous.

1 comment:

Sumpy Gump said...

I know how you feel. The power at our house was knocked out from 2pm on Thursday until 8:30 the next morning. Thursday night I felt lost and confused. Well, it wasn't only the computer, but EVERY electronic device I use for entertainment was out of comission. Dmitri and I listened to a little battery powered radio though, and he fell asleep on my chest... what a cute kid.