Friday, July 25, 2008

tagged from the grey wall

I was tagged by Leslie, who is moving to London, the little minx. I plan on living the London experience vicariously through her blog and her sister Konga's.

Four (of the many) things I like about my spouse:
1. his mega-watt smile
2. his sparkly eyes
3. how non-judgemental he is
4. how he loves me

Four jobs I've had:
1. calf feeder
2. cow milker
3. day camp organizer for a women's shelter
4. Spanish tutor

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. I Know Where I'm Going
2. It Happened One Night
3. The Graduate
4. Fiddler on the Roof

Four TV shows I watch:
1. Masterpiece on PBS
2. Seinfeld
3. What Not to Wear
4. Can't think of another.

Four places I've been:
1. Ecuador
2. Switzerland
3. Ireland
4. the Yucatan

Four people who email me regularly:
1. my sis
2. Hennepin County library
3. my book group
4. amazon

Four of my favorite foods:
1. avocados
2. shellfish (I could never make it as an Orthodox Jew)
3. vanilla yogurt with fruit and granola
4. arepas

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Galicia, Spain
2. Costa Rica
3. Scotland
4. London

Four things I am looking forward to in the coming year:
1. Seeing all my peeps in Maine.
2. Writing an awesome book. Probably a Newberry award winner. :-P
3. Doing irresponsible things while my kids are at school and can't see me, for example:
4. Eating donuts right before lunch.

Four people I tag:
1. Ave
2. my mom
3. dtv
4. linx

3 comments:

Karen ~ said...

Reading your lists, nodding, yeah, yup, uh-huh ... all sounds like you.

Then I see you watch "What Not to Wear."

WHAT?!? I HATE that show. They are SO MEAN. They slam the people they are supposed to help.

I have watched it twice - neither time the full episode - so tell me if I am wrong. But from what I see, it's a nasty-spirited show.

Now, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style is a similar show but there they are nice, supportive, complimentary, and sweet. No sniggering while watching the client's attempts to shop.

But since it's you, I am wondering if there is something in that show I am missing? Please help me understand!

Ballerina Girl said...

Fun tag! Hey, I love arepas!
When we moved from Venezuela to Brazil, we had some visitors come, doog friends of ours from Venezuela, and I asked her to bring me harina pan!!
BG

Calandria said...

Karen, it's a total guilty pleasure. Actually, I could never watch it frequently for the reasons you state. But I have learned some good stuff. I have never seen Guide to Style. I'll have to check it out.