Wednesday, September 03, 2008

gag

I tried to hold it back but I can't.

Just yesterday I ranted about ranters but I have a confession to make: Sometimes I think people who don't agree with me are morons.

Specifically, two of the pundits on CNN. You know, it's not so much that I don't share their views. I just think they are morons.

I always scoffed a bit at the accusation of a "liberal media," almost as much as I scoffed at the idea of a "vast right-wing conspiracy." And I honestly believe that people don't try to be biased. But they don't always do anything to prevent it, either.

I watched some coverage of the Democratic National Convention. I suppose that I am technically an undecided voter because I want to keep an open mind. But most of you know I voted for Obama in the primaries and I'm leaning left for the general election. In spite of this, I have to say that the fauning, dewey-eyed, reverential treatment of the DNC by CNN made me nauseous. I can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes and groaned.

Last night I watched CNN coverage of the RNC and sure enough, there was no reverence. Not that I wanted there to be. But what I couldn't believe was how openly snide and condescending two CNN's "political analysts" were. And could someone explain to me why they kept referring to stirring moments in the speeches as "red meat?" What's up with that? No one mentioned "red meat" while covering the DNC. Maybe they would have had to say "free-range red meat" there to be pc and it was too much of a mouthful.

Okay, I'll stop now.

2 comments:

ProMom said...

Yeah, the media is very liberal. I long for the old days when the media only reported the news and did not try to make news or influence anyone. Straight unbiased reporting, that's what I want. I also want no reporting of any kind until all the polls close. And rainbows and kittens... I'm a dreamer, I know...

ProMom said...

And I have no idea what "red meat" they are talking about.