Tuesday, September 02, 2008

kidless in minneapolis

last year this morning

This morning all of my kids went to school. It's just Frodo and me until 3:03.
So far: I ate breakfast with a bunch of kidless and semi-kidless friends. I bought a CD at a music store. I caught up on a few blogs.
I can't believe it's already noon and that's all I've done.
Oh! This afternoon I'm going to shop for a bedside lamp.
This morning at the breakfast friends kept asking what my plans are for the kidless life. I haven't had much time to think of it, frankly. Next week I start jury duty. It lasts for two weeks. I am SO not looking forward to that, but when it's over, I'll find some fabulous kidless things to do. For now I'm content to dub around.

4 comments:

Karen ~ said...

I dropped my boys off this morning and have been kind of rattling around all morning ... am off to have lunch with a friend in a few minutes.

I have plans to fill my days with exercise, writing, and working.

We'll see how I do.

It sure is weird!!!

Mike & Mal said...

Wow, it's amazing what a year can do! So, no kids. Yeah, I bet that does give a bunch of free time. But jury duty sounds kind of cool. What kind of trial? If it's okay to ask.

Mama Ava said...

Jury duty--OMG bring a LOT of books. I went and spent day one filling out forms and from then on just sat for 4 days, waiting. The 2nd week I showed up and they said I could go home as long as I was always reachable and could come back immediately if they called. But of course they never did. My sort (teachers) rarely get called.

yesweareonmars said...

I know how strange it is not to have kids around. The first thing I noticed is that I could clean the house and it stayed that way. What I did at the time was join a gym. It was great until I couldn't afford it anymore.

Jury duty? I'm so glad I don't have that here. Sounds like a drag. Maybe you'll get something interesting like white collar bank fraud or something.