Sunday, October 19, 2008

enjoying it while we can







This past Thursday and Friday the kids had school off. We had so much fun! Thursday J took the kids to the Science Museum and I had a quiet afternoon. (You may think that now that I'm kidless, most afternoons are quiet. Not this week!) Friday we made tamales. Saturday we enjoyed perfect fall weather and the kids convinced J and me to go jump in the leaves with them. As with any type of play my kids create, it was crazy, exciting, and a little dangerous.
The kids got along so well with each other this weekend. I kept noticing that. They played together a lot. Tons of laughter. I really appreciate how great Georgie is with the kids. She can still have a lot of fun with them even though she's a teenager.
I've gone through times when I'd think to myself, "Will my kids ever get along? Will they ever like each other? Will they want to hang out when they're grown?" And I have doubted. But this weekend I saw that yes, they can and yes, they will.

8 comments:

Mallory said...

Fun pictures! That frontal shot of J is awesome! They all made me crack up. There aren't enough leaves in all of Rexburg to make a big enough pile to jump in.

I'm glad the kids calmed your fears. Mum used to always tell us, when we'd get in fights, things like, "You know, your brothers and sisters are friends that God gave you... and they have you're exact blood type... so you should all get along really well!"

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

If it weren't for your arms raised up in the air it'd look like you were karate chopping somebody. We don't have near enough leaves to do anything of the sort. I miss that.

Karen ~ said...

Wow, all that action and no broken bones? I am impressed!!! It looks like you all had a blast!

Mama Ava said...

Love the pic--he looks like he's body-slamming the tree!

We've had incredible fall weather here, too--pollution notwithstanding, of course. We're loving it!

yesweareonmars said...

Whooo Hoooo...leaf fun!!

Ave said...

Way to go! You would have died laughing if you had watched the uncles rolling down the little hill in the back field yesterday. It was a weekend for unwinding I think.

Maria said...

I also get a little bummed when it seems like the kids are fighting all the time, but I've read that what determines whether sibs are close when they grow up isn't how much they fought (assuming normal type fighting, not serious abuse) but rather how much fun they had together. Since our kids are capable of having fun too sometimes, hopefully that bodes well.

Anonymous said...

Do you guys have any idea how scary taking the picture of dad was!!!

ggc