Sunday, October 26, 2008

halloween feis






Friday Lidia and I went down to Chicago for the Halloween Feis on Saturday. Lidia has some exciting news about something we bought there. ;-)

I was reluctant to go. We registered a few months ago and it seemed like a good idea at the time, but by Thursday night I was crabby about it. It seemed to take all week for me to prepare to be gone 1 1/2 days! You'd 'a thought I was leaving the country.
Anyway, go we did, and it turned out to be a blast! We carpooled with another dance friend and her mom and that made the drive very enjoyable. It was wonderfully entertaining to watch the kids dance in their halloween costumes. I wish taking photos of the stage were allowed so I could post here some of the other incredibly adorable or creative costumes the dancers had on. I believe there were over 1300 dancers. There was even trick-or-treating and games at this feis.
I didn't even know we owned this costume--I found it in the basement a few weeks ago. Lidia says her abuelita gave it to her. Throughout the entire day, strangers came up and said how much they loved Lidia's costume and dancing. One teenage girl who was on the stage next to Lidia's told her she loved her costume and thought her dancing was excellent, too. Lidia seemed a little overwhelmed sometimes by all the compliments. The judges liked Lidia at this feis. She got three second places and two fourths. It was a very competitive feis with large groups.
Here are some more photos, including Fauna as Audrey Hepburn and me as a gypsy. I'm sad I didn't get more photos of Lidia with friends from dance. Some danced at different times and stages and I didn't catch them.

10 comments:

Mallory said...

Lidia's costume is really pretty, and I'm sure her dancing was great! I wish you could have posted some pictures of the stage too. Why don't they allow it?

You look awesome as a gypsy. That should happen more often!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Lidia looks so good in her costume! And I love her new solo dress!

Anonymous said...

Lidia is quite a beauty isn't she. I like the gypsy costume but couldn't see it really well. Bernie asked mum to ask me what I was going to be for halloween, i don't have a costume except for that old regency dress from last christams, maybe Jane Austen?
ave

ML said...

Lidia's so beautiful in this red costume!! What a classic beauty.

Mama Ava said...

She really is beautiful, isn't she? Very flamenco looking! And I love the Celtic look of her dress.

Meg said...

I'm not sure how you could be grumpy about a trip to Chicago...:)

But I am glad you had fun! Her new dress is gorgeous. I love the cape on the back.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Esmeralda! You both looked very nice in your costumes and I'm glad Lidia got her solo dress. It's very pretty. ...mum

Anonymous said...

Hey, Esmeralda! You both looked very nice in your costumes and I'm glad Lidia got her solo dress. It's very pretty. ...mum

yesweareonmars said...

Aaaaaaawwwwwww...She is so pretty.

Ballerina Girl said...

She looks so pretty Calandria!
I linked to her page also, and I really like it!!! The green is very complimentary on her.
BG