Monday, October 06, 2008

Jeffrey Holland's "angel" story


As far as I can tell, there are quite a few more non-Mormon readers of this blog than Mormon readers. (I hope it didn't offend anyone to call you non-Mormon. I tried to word that several different ways but nothing was working...) Anyway, I think this story from Saturday afternoon's session of the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints would appeal to anyone. Actually, I think most of the talks in in G.C. would appeal to most people.

To hear this story (make sure you've got a box of tissues) go here. On the strip at the bottom, click "Saturday afternoon." Click on "Elder Jeffrey Holland." The story starts about halfway through his talk, so forward to 8:40.

I also highly recommend watching one of the Children's Primary Choir numbers from that session. Keep that box of tissues handy. My favorites were "The Light Divine" and "We Thank, O God, for a Prophet."

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

I loved his talk, and I LOVED that that they had a primary choir-it was so wonderful. My kids we actually interested (at least for a few minutes)!

I agree, I think most people who aren't members of the church would enjoy conference-I always think that while I'm watching.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

The children's choir was excellent. I bawled during every song. Except the last one. We were having too much fun watching their faces when they realized they were on TV. That was a hoot.

Elder Holland is such a wonderful speaker. One of our favorites.

Karen ~ said...

harrumph. Is that how you think of us, the NON-MORMONS??? I suppose that's better than the HEATHENS.

:-)

I will listen later when my own children are not nearby as they would be all "what's that, Mom?" and ruin a good emotional response!

Mallory said...

That was a fantastic talk ... then again, all of his are. I love listening to him.