Friday, November 21, 2008

it's quite shocking


That's what J just said. About my hair.


This summer when we were in Maine, Ave flat-ironed my hair because the dampness was making it wild. I love it straight, but J does not. He was much relieved when within an hour of Ave's flat-iron job, my hair was flipping and kinking and fuzzing up all over. The photo above is a good example of how J likes my hair. It was taken on a particularly damp day (as you can see) on top of Borestone.


Just now J and I were talking about how British I am (another post) and he said, "Your hair is getting so flat. It's quite shocking. Is that because of the dry weather now?"


I confirmed that it was and said some additional things that I will not put into print, because this is all about what he said, not me.


So, J has resolved to take me somewhere this winter where my hair can get more "lively," like the hair of the girl he married, he says.

11 comments:

ML said...

I agree with J. Love the picture, too.

Mallory said...

Hey, if you're getting a trip out of it, just let things be, right?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what people like about lively hair. I like my hair and your hair flat. Oh well, at least you get to go tropic. Today I am watching the snow fall, Lulu got on her hat and mittens and wanted to go build a snowman, I told her there wasn't enough snow, then she vomited. Great weekend ahead.
ave

Athena said...

lively hair. now that's a term i haven't heard before. my hair goes all frizzy-like and it doesn't look pretty.

ProMom said...

Well, I guess we always want our hair how it isn't! I love your hair straight or curly. Mine is the same flat, lifeless brown it has been since I was 3. So of course, I have had a perm most of my life! And I color it sometimes just to get it to have a little body. I don't have color in it now, so you can see it in it's natural boring brown. With gray highlights! HA! Oh and I love your blog, please keep it up.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Like ProMom said I guess we always want what we don't have. Before children came along my hair was beautifully curly and thick but I always wanted it straight. Now that it's straight and a little thinner I'm wishing for my curly hair back.

Do you get to choose where to go? ☺

Calandria said...

I'm not getting too excited about going anywhere--it probably won't happen. But now that I've found out my native country (thought I wasn't actually born there) is England, I'd kind of like to go there.

Ballerina Girl said...

the hills of England...here you come!
Well, I love the picture and the best thing for me about hair?
One can always change it! I like to go short, then let it grow, then straight, then semi curly...
hair is so fun!
BG

yesweareonmars said...

I don't mind my straight hair but it was never full and as I get older it gets thinner so now I have to give it a little curl to make it look like I have more. So at least frizzy hair is full looking.

There are as many Gaelic as English names in both Conner and Varnum families so you could go to Ireland too. Its good and wet there.

yesweareonmars said...

I don't mind my straight hair but it was never full and as I get older it gets thinner so now I have to give it a little curl to make it look like I have more. So at least frizzy hair is full looking.

There are as many Gaelic as English names in both Conner and Varnum families so you could go to Ireland too. Its good and wet there.

Calandria said...

Auntie, when I said that I'm British I was actually referring to my personality. I'll be writing a post about when I have the chance. :)