Monday, December 08, 2008

holiday decadence


I made this chocolate gingerbread for book group that turned out to be one of the most moist, gooey, absolutely sinful chocolate concotions I've ever made. And that's saying something, folks.


I did not take this photo--it's one I found online.


Outrageously Moist Frosted Chocolate Gingerbread

2 Tbs. warm water
1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
1 cup + 2 Tbs. packed dark brown sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup light corn syrup
¾ cup molasses
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. group ginger
1 tsp. group cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 13 x 9 baking pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.

Stir water into soda until dissolved; reserve. In pot, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, molasses, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves; over medium heat, cook, stirring, until melted and combined. Remove from heat.

Stir in milk, eggs, and reserved soda mixture. Mix in flour and cocoa until blended. Stir in chips. Spread in pan.

Bake 45 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on rack.

Frosting:
On high speed, beat 1 cup butter until smooth. Beat in 1 cup white chocolate chips (melted, cooled) until combined. Gradually beat in 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and 3 Tbs. milk until fluffy. Spread over gingerbread.

8 comments:

Gabriela said...

Wow! Sounds great.

Did I tell you last time I love your header pic?

Ave said...

OOoo.Looks like I'll have to try that one.

Ballerina Girl said...

this sounds so good...qnother for my recipe book!
BG

Michelle said...

I hope you'll be able to host again some time!

Mama Ava said...

Ooh, I hope I can find molasses or treacle here...it sounds sinfully heavenly!

Meg said...

Wow. Delicious! Can't wait to try it.

Maine Mom said...

That sounds so good!

Athena said...

yum. my kind of dessert. btw i love your header. very appropriate for the season. :)