Thursday, December 04, 2008

mum and dad



My parents left this morning. It was so great to have them here! The kids got a nice big dose of grandparent love--focused, accepting, and indulgent.
Mum did my laundry and dishes all week and even helped prepare refreshments for my book group Tuesday night when I wasn't feeling well. Dad had Wii bowling tournaments with J and the kids and sharpened my knives. And they are sharp.
Last night Mum and I saw Wicked. Though my enjoyment was diminished by this head cold, I'm so glad we got to go! It was a stupendous show.

4 comments:

Ballerina Girl said...

I love Grandparent visits!
BG

Meg said...

Sounds like a great visit!

Mallory said...

Well, this entry was certainly hiding, wasn't it! That's awesome that they were able to come visit. Kids need some grandparent love every once in a while. Heck, I can't even get parent love where I am!

yesweareonmars said...

Great pictures of them. It really looks like them.