Monday, December 22, 2008

rejoice!

Every time I visit my blog I see that header, a picture Lidia drew many years ago, and I rejoice. "Rejoice" is what I have named this picture of the three kings with their gold ties and swinging bell bottoms. I look at it and I feel a song swelling up in my heart. With Charles Wesley I say,

Rejoice, the Lord is King! Your Lord and King adore;
Mortals give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!

I'm still sick, but who cares. Last night I played Christmas carols on my violin and it felt great. Today we're making gingerbread houses. All is well.

7 comments:

Gabriela said...

:) Glad you are able to do things despite not feeling 100%.

I love the header (and the song).

Merry Christmas!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Rejoice is the perfect title for Lidia's picture.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this particular
picture of Lydia's. It is so full of movement and, as you say, joy.
Even the Christ child in his little bed appears to be joining in the excitement! ...mum

athena said...

i agree, the song goes perfectly with the header. i enjoy looking at the pics on your headers. they always make me smile.

Ballerina Girl said...

I love that picture too !!!
I hope that you feel better soon...good luck with the gingerbread houses!
BG

Mama Ava said...

Rejoice in the sponteneity of that piece, Calandria. Over the years, I've seen things like your header and tried to force my kids to create something meaningful. It just doesn't work. The best of our children arises from their emotions, not ours. We're just lucky to be there when it happens!

Calandria said...

Mama Ava, that is exactly how this piece happened. Lidia was about five when she did it. She just brought it up to me one day and said, "Look!" But if I had tried to direct any of it? Wouldn't have worked.