Tuesday, July 21, 2009

man oh man


Tomorrow I am lining my kids' pockets with money and dropping them off at the mall for several hours. They will watch the new HP, get themselves some lunch, and then wander around until I see fit to pick them up. Can I tell you how excited I am to be in my house by myself for a few hours? Oh my gosh. I have great kids but they are getting weary of cranky mom and her upending of the house. We have one child who is particularly helpful (wrapping our Christmas ornaments in newspaper as I write this) and one who is driving me batty. Changes are very hard for this child and while I understand and even sympathize, I am also trying to deal with everyone's STUFF right now and I'm not especially nice.


Tomorrow! Yay!

4 comments:

Ave said...

I hope you don't collapse when you get back from dropping them off. I wish you energy and success.

Mama Ava said...

Hee hee wouldn't it be great if this brought everyone closer together with that can-do spirit and positive attitudes? HA The whole overseas adventure does...but there does come a time where you grit your teeth and cling to that hope because you're just in survival mode. When we left for Tanzania I had all these plans for being packed so we could relax and enjoy friends for a few days. Instead, I was having an hysterical breakdown by a hotel pool, Karen was watching my kids, and all my bags were overweight 10 hours before we were supposed to leave.

Mallory said...

Ahhh yes, the overweight bag. The first year and a half of being back in the States I moved ten times with no car, so obviously I lived off of whatever I could fit into two suitcases and a checked bag. Every once in a while I would buy a cute jacket or something, and without fail would find myself at the luggage check-in for my next cross-country flight shoving some article of clothing down a airport trash can. The only things I never parted with were journals and books, no matter how heavy they got. (Thank HEAVENS I married a man with a car.)

Michelle said...

I hope you allowed yourself some down time with all of them out of the house!