Friday, July 24, 2009

who is that?

Has it ever happened to you that you look at a picture of yourself and it just doesn't fit with how you see yourself? Your like, "Is that me? I thought I looked... different." It's not that you look awful (seen plenty of those) or wonderful (I treasure the few photos I have that make me look cuter than I am), you just look different. So does this look like me? Is that an expression I frequently wear? Just curious.

We have most of our possessions in the garage now. Yay! It was a very productive day. However, I feel sick about the enormous amount of stuff we have to throw out. Seriously. I believe we have thrown out more stuff than we are keeping. Isn't that wrong? Before you start on me, yes I did give away loads and loads of stuff. I took pains to not throw things away. I am environmentally aware, people. It just so happens that much of what we had tucked away here and there was JUNK. I hope this was a learning experience for me. I have vowed to never accumulate so much junk again. Or so many things that aren't junk, for that matter.

10 comments:

Mallory said...

I think it looks like you when you were younger... like, quite a bit younger. (Not that you're old, you just look like a kid in that picture.) Anyway, so yeah. That's my take. I still see that expression on you every once in a while... of course, I only ever see you once in a while.

Ave said...

The photo is definitely youthful and sweet. The shirt is a very flattering color and cut, I love it.

Fitzhamilton said...

Lookin' cute there, Luce.

Mama Ava said...

This sounds so hillbilly...and maybe it wouldn't fly in your neighborhood...but did you ever just set your junk/trash out on the side of the road with a "free" sign? I couldn't BELIEVE how much junk people took away that I considered trash. I suppose I contributed to the clutter in someone else's life, but that's their problem, I guess.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

My MIL always says people need to move every three years to get rid of all their "junk." I can only imagine what it must be like moving to a different country!

This picture looks like the other pictures of yourself that you've posted - but never having met you in real life I guess that's all I have to compare it with. =)

Karen ~ said...

It is definitely you, but it is not your "usual" look, if that makes any sense? I know just waht you mean, though - it just happened to me tonight, looking at photos Brian took at a family birthday party. There was one where I just stared at myself thinking "is that really me?"

yesweareonmars said...

You look just cunnin.

Lucy said...

Mama Ava, we did actually do that. We found out our neighbors were having a garage sale, so we brought all of our stuff out, too. We sold things at a much better price than we expected, and we got rid of a lot of free stuff, too.

And still there was more.

Brenda said...

I think the picture is beautiful of you. I see wisdom and the experiences of life in your eyes.
PS Instead of moving I re-moved back into my house, doing much the same as you, going through stuff. My neighbor helped re-position/use my furniture and it really is different. I like my house a lot better but it is the middle of the summer and who doesn't like it here now!!!!!

k. said...

Re: picture, that happens a lot. the photos I use for my profiles don't really look like "the real me", so I often wonder who that girl is. ;-)